Artizio is a venue where you can purchase artisanal food directly from sellers who make those goods. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
- Artizio’s Limitations as a Venue
- Communicating with Other Artizio Users
- Purchasing an Item on Artizio
- Leaving a Review of an Item
- Creating and Uploading Content
- Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
1. Artizio’s Limitations as a Venue
Artizio provides a venue for buyers to discover and purchase from sellers. Artizio is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on Artizio, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from Artizio, but from one of the sellers on Artizio;
- Artizio does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on Artizio or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or item descriptions);
- Each seller on Artizio has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies; and
As a user of Artizio, you have the opportunity to notify us of an item or a seller that violates any of Artizio’s policies. Notifying us is confidential.
2. Communicating with Other Artizio Members
You can use our Communication Forum to communicate directly with your buyers or other Artizio users. The Communication Forum is a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
The Communication Forum may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a user intentionally interferes with another user’s sales in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via The Communication Forum to warn them away from a particular member, user, or item.
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another user.
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor's Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member's advertising budget, also known as "click fraud."
Any use of Artizio Communication Forum to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, The Communication Forum may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Convo that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
3. Purchasing an Item on Artizio
When you buy from a seller on Artizio, you become the customer of a business independent of Artizio, subject to that business’s listings, policies, processing times, and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on Artizio, you agree that you have:
- Read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
You also agree to comply with our Artizio Payments Policy when you use Artizio Payments, and our Gift Cards & Artizio Credits Policy when you purchase or redeem Artizio Gift Cards or Artizio Credits.
4. Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are how other customers learn about a seller’s items, help sellers build a strong reputation, or inform other buyers about an inferior product.
You can leave a review, including a one to five star rating, for 100 days after your item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. You can edit your review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period. Your review and/or photograph and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller's listing and review pages.
By leaving a review, you acknowledge that your content may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Artizio, or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Artizio reviewing process.
Sellers may respond to any reviews. Sellers’ responses to reviews must also comply with this policy.
5. Creating and Uploading Content
As a user of Artizio, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
6. Reporting a Dispute with an Order or Returning an Item
Artizio’s Dispute System
Although Artizio is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a dispute system in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected. By using Artizio’s dispute system, you understand that Artizio may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other users. You can use Artizio’s dispute system to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing.
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery disputes:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Artizio.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or make up.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as described disputes can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon or advertised.
If Artizio determines, in our sole discretion, that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping. In the event that Artizio needs to refund the return shipping cost on behalf of the seller, that refund may come in the form of a credit for future purchases on Artizio.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Artizio’s dispute resolution system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by the shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer's expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Artizio, including services and intangible goods.
- Any transaction where payment is not made via Artizio.
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order through Artizio. Note that all cancellations must comply with our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their own policies. Not all sellers accept returns.
On Artizio, you cannot discriminate based upon:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under applicable law
It is your responsibility to know your local laws and any other legal regulations on discrimination that might apply to you.
This policy applies to all aspects of Artizio, including but not limited to listings and communications. Examples of prohibited behavior include, but are not limited to:
- Refusal of service based on membership in one or more protected group
- Derogatory or demeaning remarks against protected groups listed above
- Racial slurs
- Posts that support or glorify hate groups and their members
If you think discrimination has occurred on Artizio, please report it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will investigate. If you see a listing on Artizio which you believe violates our Prohibited Items Policy, we encourage you to notify us using the Report this item to Artizio link at the bottom of each listing page. We have a timely review process for all reports.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any communication, listing or item, or terminate a user, based on the above restrictions.
Artizio Payments Policy
Artizio Payments allows buyers and sellers to use various forms of payments on Artizio.com, and Artizio's mobile apps and other services. Artizio Payments users can pay with and accept payment by credit card, debit card, Artizio Gift Card, Artizio Credit, some bank transfer services, PayPal, and Stripe—all in their domestic Artizio Payments currencies. This policy explains all of your rights and obligations when using Artizio Payments.
- Accepting These Terms
- Third-Party Services
- Artizio's Rights and Responsibilities
- Seller Rights and Responsibilities
- Appointment of Artizio as Limited Payment Collection Agent for Sellers
- Payment Processing Fees
- Reporting Obligations
1. Accepting These Terms
The Artizio Payments Policy (or the “Policy”) sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use Artizio’s payment system on Artizio’s services (we’ll refer to Artizio.com, Artizio's mobile apps, and other services as our “Services”). By using our payment system, you agree to the Policy. The Policy is a legally binding contract between you and Artizio.
Artizio allows sellers to accept payment by authorized credit and debit card transactions, some bank transfers services, PayPal or Stripe, to have those funds credited to a seller’s payment account with Artizio, and have those funds deposited into a seller’s designated bank account.
Artizio’s payment system is only available to sellers who are at least 18 years old who register and are approved for a payment account with Artizio. Sellers may only use our payment system for the sale of items listed on Artizio, and agree to ship sold items once a payment transaction is complete and reflected in their payment account. Artizio reserves the right to terminate a seller’s access to Artizio if the seller uses our payment system in any other manner.
Buyers may authorize a payment with any major credit or debit card accepted by Artizio, with Artizio Gift Cards and credit from Artizio, by certain bank transfer services, or through PayPal or Stripe.
3. Third-Party Services
Artizio has engaged third-party service providers to perform many of the services related to payment processing, including card processing, currency exchange, identity verification, fraud analysis, and regulatory compliance.
Artizio partners with PayPal, Stripe, and other licensed payment processors to facilitate card payments and other payments and the disbursement of funds to sellers. If there are insufficient funds in your bank account when our provider processes the payment for your purchase, Artizio reserves the right to contact you directly and to seek payment. Artizio may share your personal or transactional information with those third-party service providers when it's necessary to process payments.
If Artizio receives notice that a seller’s content or activity violates a third party's service agreement, we may at our sole discretion take action against your account to comply with their policies. Such actions may include canceling a transaction, disabling seller listings, suspending your selling privileges, or removing certain payment methods.
Artizio supports Stripe Connect:
Stripe Connect. Integrated Stripe allows sellers to receive funds from Stripe purchases directly into their Artizio payment account, without the need to manage a separate Stripe account. This means that if a buyer pays with Stripe, the funds from the order will be credited to a seller's payment account along with the rest of the orders. The standard Artizio Payments Payment Processing Fee (described below) applies to orders that go through integrated Stripe.
4. Artizio’s Rights and Responsibilities
As a security measure, we may impose transaction limits on buyers and sellers. For example, we may impose limits relating to the value of any transaction, deposit, or adjustment, or limits relating to the cumulative value of all transactions, deposits, or adjustments during a period of time. We may also impose limits related to the number of transactions per day or other period of time. We will not be liable to a seller: (a) if we do not proceed with a transaction, deposit, or adjustment that would exceed any limit established by us, or (b) if we permit a buyer to withdraw from a transaction.
In the event that a buyer does not make payment for the purchase of a legitimate item sold using Artizio’s payment system (such as the case where the buyer used a stolen or unauthorized credit card), Artizio may provide limited payment protection to the seller, in the interest of fairness.
Artizio maintains records associated with transactions on Artizio’s payment system and does not pass any secure data, including credit card numbers or bank account information, to any sellers. Sellers will only receive shipping information and limited buyer account information necessary to complete the order.
Artizio will send you any relevant notices regarding your use of Artizio Payments in accordance with our Electronic Communications Policy.
5. Seller Rights and Responsibilities
- Use of Artizio’s payment system. All sellers are required to use Artizio’s payment system, which will result in sellers being required to accept payment through authorized credit and debit card transactions, some bank transfer services, PayPal, or Stripe. For you to sign up for Artizio’s payment ssytem and receive payment for transactions, you must provide valid account information for a bank account in the United States. Without this information, Artizio is unable to pay you.
- Payment Accounts. A payment account allows sellers to track payment amounts, refunds, and fees related to transactions and seller services. Sellers must provide accurate personal information as requested during registration, and are responsible for maintaining and updating that information as necessary. Sellers will not impersonate any person or use any name they are not legally authorized to use. Sellers authorize us, and authorized agents, to verify their information (at registration and on occasion when using the Services) by accessing public records and obtaining credit reports about the sellers. Artizio verifies sellers’ information in order to safeguard the integrity of the marketplace and reduce the risk of fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, and the violation of trade sanctions.
Payment accounts are only available to individuals who are eligible to be sellers on Artizio and who have a valid credit or debit card on file with Artizio.
In the event that a buyer submits a chargeback, Artizio will respond to the credit card networks on behalf of the seller involved in the transaction; the seller agrees to provide any requested information to us within five calendar days of the request. Artizio reserves the right to recoup funds associated with buyer chargebacks.
- Communications. We will inform sellers of each transaction, or of other information pertaining to Artizio’s payment system, using our standard communication procedures
- Refunds. Refunds or adjustments paid by Artizio to buyers for payments made through Artizio’s payment system may be initiated using the refund functionality in the seller's payment account. Any such funds paid by Artizio to cover refunds will be deducted from the seller’s payment account balance. If there are insufficient funds to cover the amount of the refund, the balance will be charged to the seller’s credit card or added to the seller’s payment account.
Fully refunded transactions may be eligible for cancellation.
- International Trade Laws. You agree that your use of Artizio’s payment system will not involve any countries, entities, individuals, or items prohibited by sanctions, embargoes, regulations, or orders administered by the US Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) or other government agencies.
- Information on Cardholder Charges. Please note that your bank or card provider may charge additional fees (including cross-border fees) for transactions that you make on Artizio. These fees are not charged by Artizio and are at the discretion of your bank. Please contact your bank for further details.
6. Appointment of Artizio as Limited Collection Agent for Sellers
Each seller appoints Artizio as its agent for the limited purpose of receiving, holding, and settling payments to seller. Artizio will settle payments that are actually received by Artizio to each seller, less any amounts owed to Artizio and subject to these terms. Each seller agrees that a buyer payment received by Artizio, on behalf of seller, satisfies the buyer's obligations to make payment to seller, regardless of whether Artizio actually settles such payment to seller. If Artizio does not settle any such payments as described in these Terms to a seller, such seller will have recourse only against Artizio and not the buyer.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to seek reimbursement from a seller in any of the following circumstances: (a) we provide a refund to a buyer because a seller did not promptly deliver the goods or we otherwise determine, consistent with Seller Rights and Responsibilities, that a refund is warranted in a particular circumstance, (b) we discover erroneous or duplicate transactions related to a seller, (c) we receive a chargeback from a buyer's credit card issuer or reversal of payment for the amount of a buyer's purchase from a seller, or (d) a seller does not act in accordance with Artizio’s policies.
- B. We may obtain reimbursement of any amounts owed by a seller to Artizio by deducting from future payments owed to the seller, reversing any credits to the seller’s payment account balance, charging the seller's credit card on file, charging the seller’s payment account, or seeking reimbursement from the seller by any other lawful means, including by using third-party collections services. You authorize us to use any or all of the foregoing methods to seek reimbursement.
8. Payment Processing Fees
- Overview. Artizio charges a fee (the “Artizio Processing Fee”) for processing each transaction through Artizio’s payment system. The fee amount will be assessed on the gross order amount, including shipping and tax (if applicable). We reserve the right to modify the Artizio Processing Fee at any time. In the event of any partial or full refunds credited back to a buyer, the Artizio Processing Fee and other applicable fees will be recalculated based on the adjusted sale price. The difference between the original Artizio Processing Fee and the adjusted Payment Processing Fee will be applied to the refund amount being credited back to the seller. Other applicable fees will be refunded to the seller's payment account.
- Interest. Artizio is not obligated to pay interest to any user.
Artizio may terminate or suspend a buyer’s use of Artizio’s at any time.
Artizio reserves the right, upon termination of access to Artizio’s payment system, to set off against any payments to be made to the seller, an amount determined by us to be adequate to cover any anticipated chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or other amounts that might be paid to sellers in connection with purchases from the buyer's payment account for a prospective 180-day period. At the end of the 180-day period following termination, we will disburse to the seller any amount not used to offset chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or such other amounts paid to buyers, or seek reimbursement from the buyer via any of the means authorized in this Policy for any additional amount required to offset chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or other amounts paid to buyers, as applicable.
As a global company based in the US with operations in other countries, Artizio must comply with economic sanctions and trade restrictions, including those implemented by the Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") of the US Department of the Treasury. This means that Artizio or anyone using our Services cannot take part in transactions that involve designated people, places, or items that originate from those places, as determined by agencies like OFAC.
This policy applies to anyone that uses our Services, regardless of their location. It is up to you to familiarize yourself with these restrictions.
For example, these restrictions generally prohibit, but are not limited to, transactions involving:
- Certain geographic areas, such as Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria, or any individual or entity operating or residing in those places;
- Individuals or entities identified on sanctions lists such as OFAC’s Specially Designated Nationals (“SDN”) List or Foreign Sanctions Evaders (“FSE”) List;
- Nationals of Cuba, regardless of location, unless citizenship or permanent residency outside of Cuba has been established; and
- Items originating from areas including Cuba, North Korea, Iran, or Crimea, with the exception of informational materials such as publications, films, posters, phonograph records, photographs, tapes, compact disks, and certain artworks.
In order to protect our community and marketplace, Artizio takes steps to ensure compliance with sanctions programs. For example, Artizio prohibits members from using their accounts while in certain geographic locations. If we have reason to believe you are operating your account from a sanctioned location, such as any of the places listed above, or are otherwise in violation of any economic sanction or trade restriction, we may suspend or terminate your use of our Services. Members are generally not permitted to list, buy, or sell items that originate from sanctioned areas. This includes items that pre-date sanctions, since we have no way to verify when they were actually removed from the restricted location. Artizio reserves the right to request that buyers provide additional information or take other steps to meet compliance obligations. We may cancel transactions that present a risk of violating this policy. In addition to complying with OFAC and applicable local laws, Artizio users should be aware that other countries may have their own trade restrictions and that certain items may not be allowed for export or import under international laws. You should consult the laws of any jurisdiction when a transaction involves international parties. Finally, Artizio users should be aware that third-party payment processors, such as PayPal or Stripe, may independently monitor transactions for sanctions compliance and may block transactions as part of their own compliance programs. Artizio has no authority or control over the independent decision-making of these providers. The economic sanctions and trade restrictions that apply to your use of the Services are subject to change, so members should check sanctions resources regularly. For legal advice, please consult a qualified professional.