1. What Sellers can Sell on Artizio
All items are items that are made and/or designed by the Seller.
- All items are made or designed by Seller. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your Vendor Application.
- You accurately describe every entity involved in the making of an item.
- You will use your own photographs—not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
If you are selling personalized or made-to-order items, you agree that:
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customization (like color choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
2. What Cannot be Sold on Artizio
Prohibited items, services, and items that violate intellectual property rights are not allowed to be sold on Artizio.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for our review. Artizio may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Artizio may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be liable to pay any outstanding fees due.
3. Representations to Customers
You must honestly and accurately represent yourself, your products, and your business.
By selling on Artizio, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information to customers.
- Honor your own policies.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate substores for the purpose of manipulating search.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
Artizio encourages sellers to list items on Artizio at the same price as sellers list the same items in other venues. Artizio strictly prohibits the advertising in other venues that items are listed for a lesser price on Artizio or our mobile apps. At our discretion, we reserve the right to terminate a seller account if a seller openly advertises that the seller’s item or items are listed for a lesser price on Artizio or our mobile apps than on other sales venues.
4. Communicating with Other Artizio users and Privacy
You can use our Communication Forum to communicate directly with your buyers or other Artizio users. The Communication Forum is a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
The Communication Forum may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a user intentionally interferes with another user’s sales in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via The Communication Forum to warn them away from a particular member, user, or item.
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another user.
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor's Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member's advertising budget, also known as "click fraud."
Any use of The Communication Forum to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
You are responsible for protecting users personal information you receive or process, and you must comply with all relevant legal requirements. This includes applicable data protection and privacy laws that govern the ways in which you can use Artizio user information.
5. Creating and Uploading Content
Your substore and merchandise listings may not contain:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Obscene or vulgar.
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights.
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
6. Building a Positive Reputation Through Reviews
Buyers may leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within 100 days after their item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period.
If a seller receives an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information.
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery.
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims.
- Contain advertising or spam.
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Artizio or a third party.
- Contain threats or extortion.
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score.
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
7. Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. Sellers explicitly agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your substore policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our dispute resolution team can help through our case system.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
8. Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via email and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
Artizio’s Case System (The Communication Forum)
We ask buyers to contact sellers directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opting for Artizio’s dispute resolution system.
Buyers may file a dispute for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open dispute within three days or the time frame noted by Artizio. We may request your assistance in resolving a dispute opened against your shop. We reserve the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the dispute resolution system.
By using Artizio’s dispute resolution system, you understand that Artizio may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. Disputes can be filed in the following circumstances:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery dispute:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Artizio.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or make up.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Some disputes don’t qualify for Artizio’s dispute resolution system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by the shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer's expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Artizio, including services and intangible goods.
- Any transaction where payment is not made via Artizio.
This Shipping Policy explains your shipping obligations as a seller and your rights and responsibilities when using Artizio’s shipping labels services.
1. Shipping Your Items
Sellers are responsible for shipping their sold items to buyers. If you're using a shipping or fulfillment service, please keep in mind that you are ultimately responsible for making sure that your buyers receive their orders.
By selling on Artizio, you agree to:
- Provide an accurate "ships from" address.
B. Specify your shipping costs and processing times in your listings.
C. Ship items promptly after they are sold. Prompt shipping means that you ship each item within 10 days of purchase, unless you specify otherwise in your processing time or agree to a different shipping period with the buyer through email. Before you update your processing time for a specific order, you must first obtain your buyer’s consent.
D. Comply with all local and international shipping and customs regulations.
E. Ship to the address listed on the Artizio receipt.
F. Mark the order as shipped when you ship it. Remember that you may only mark an order as shipped after you actually have shipped it. When you mark an order as shipped, the buyer will receive a notification.
By entering tracking information or delivery confirmation on Artizio, you grant us permission to collect and share this data received from your chosen shipping carrier with the buyer.
You must keep valid proof of shipping. Valid proof of shipping must show that the item actually was shipped and that it was sent to the address provided on Artizio. If a buyer does not receive their order, they may file a dispute against you.
2. Shipping Insurance
Insurance is available through your carrier. It is up to you, as the seller, and the one who is ultimately responsible to your buyer, whether you think insurance is needed or not.
The cost of a shipping label will depend on the origin, destination, weight, and dimensions of the package. If you add signature confirmation, insurance, fees will be added to the total cost of the label at the point of purchase. You are responsible for all fees.
Artizio Payments Policy
Artizio Payments allows buyers and sellers to use various forms of payments on Artizio.com, and Artizio's mobile apps and other services. Artizio Payments users can pay with and accept payment by credit card, debit card, Artizio Gift Card, Artizio Credit, some bank transfer services, Stripe,—all in their domestic Artizio Payments currencies. This policy explains all of your rights and obligations when using Artizio Payments.
- Accepting These Terms
- Third-Party Services
- Artizio's Rights and Responsibilities
- Seller Rights and Responsibilities
- Appointment of Artizio as Limited Payment Collection Agent for Sellers
- Payment Processing Fees
- Reporting Obligations
1. Accepting These Terms
The Artizio Payments Policy (or the “Policy”) sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use Artizio’s payment system on Artizio’s services (we’ll refer to Artizio.com, Artizio's mobile apps, and other services as our “Services”). By using our payment system, you agree to the Policy. The Policy is a legally binding contract between you and Artizio.
Artizio allows sellers to accept payment by authorized credit and debit card transactions, some bank transfers services, and Stripe to have those funds credited to a seller’s payment account with Artizio, and have those funds deposited into a seller’s designated bank account.
Artizio’s payment system is only available to sellers who are at least 18 years old who register and are approved for a payment account with Artizio. Sellers may only use our payment system for the sale of items listed on Artizio, and agree to ship sold items once a payment transaction is complete and reflected in their payment account. Artizio reserves the right to terminate a seller’s access to Artizio if the seller uses our payment system in any other manner.
Buyers may authorize a payment with any major credit or debit card accepted by Artizio, with Artizio Gift Cards and credit from Artizio, by certain bank transfer services, or through Stripe.
3. Third-Party Services
Artizio has engaged third-party service providers to perform many of the services related to payment processing, including card processing, currency exchange, identity verification, fraud analysis, and regulatory compliance.
Artizio partners with Stripe and other licensed payment processors to facilitate card payments and other payments and the disbursement of funds to sellers. If there are insufficient funds in your bank account when our provider processes the payment for your purchase, Artizio reserves the right to contact you directly and to seek payment. Artizio may share your personal or transactional information with those third-party service providers when it's necessary to process payments.
If Artizio receives notice that a seller’s content or activity violates a third party's service agreement, we may at our sole discretion take action against your account to comply with their policies. Such actions may include canceling a transaction, disabling seller listings, suspending your selling privileges, or removing certain payment methods.
Artizio supports Stripe Connect:
Stripe Connect. Integrated Stripe allows sellers to receive funds from Stripe purchases directly into their Artizio payment account, without the need to manage a separate Stripe account. This means that if a buyer pays with Stripe, the funds from the order will be credited to a seller's payment account along with the rest of the orders. The standard Artizio Payments Payment Processing Fee (described below) applies to orders that go through integrated Stripe.
4. Artizio’s Rights and Responsibilities
As a security measure, we may impose transaction limits on buyers and sellers. For example, we may impose limits relating to the value of any transaction, deposit, or adjustment, or limits relating to the cumulative value of all transactions, deposits, or adjustments during a period of time. We may also impose limits related to the number of transactions per day or other period of time. We will not be liable to a seller: (a) if we do not proceed with a transaction, deposit, or adjustment that would exceed any limit established by us, or (b) if we permit a buyer to withdraw from a transaction.
In the event that a buyer does not make payment for the purchase of a legitimate item sold using Artizio’s payment system (such as the case where the buyer used a stolen or unauthorized credit card), Artizio may provide limited payment protection to the seller, in the interest of fairness.
Artizio maintains records associated with transactions on Artizio’s payment system and does not pass any secure data, including credit card numbers or bank account information, to any sellers. Sellers will only receive shipping information and limited buyer account information necessary to complete the order.
Artizio will send you any relevant notices regarding your use of Artizio Payments in accordance with our Electronic Communications Policy.
5. Seller Rights and Responsibilities
- Use of Artizio’s payment system. All sellers are required to use Artizio’s payment system, which will result in sellers being required to accept payment through authorized credit and debit card transactions, some bank transfer services, or Stripe. For you to sign up for Artizio’s payment ssytem and receive payment for transactions, you must provide valid account information for a bank account in the United States. Without this information, Artizio is unable to pay you.
- Payment Accounts. A payment account allows sellers to track payment amounts, refunds, and fees related to transactions and seller services. Sellers must provide accurate personal information as requested during registration, and are responsible for maintaining and updating that information as necessary. Sellers will not impersonate any person or use any name they are not legally authorized to use. Sellers authorize us, and authorized agents, to verify their information (at registration and on occasion when using the Services) by accessing public records and obtaining credit reports about the sellers. Artizio verifies sellers’ information in order to safeguard the integrity of the marketplace and reduce the risk of fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, and the violation of trade sanctions.
Payment accounts are only available to individuals who are eligible to be sellers on Artizio and who have a valid credit or debit card on file with Artizio.
In the event that a buyer submits a chargeback, Artizio will respond to the credit card networks on behalf of the seller involved in the transaction; the seller agrees to provide any requested information to us within five calendar days of the request. Artizio reserves the right to recoup funds associated with buyer chargebacks.
- Communications. We will inform sellers of each transaction, or of other information pertaining to Artizio’s payment system, using our standard communication procedures
- Refunds. Refunds or adjustments paid by Artizio to buyers for payments made through Artizio’s payment system may be initiated using the refund functionality in the seller's payment account. Any such funds paid by Artizio to cover refunds will be deducted from the seller’s payment account balance. If there are insufficient funds to cover the amount of the refund, the balance will be charged to the seller’s credit card or added to the seller’s payment account.
Fully refunded transactions may be eligible for cancellation.
- International Trade Laws. You agree that your use of Artizio’s payment system will not involve any countries, entities, individuals, or items prohibited by sanctions, embargoes, regulations, or orders administered by the US Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) or other government agencies.
- Information on Cardholder Charges. Please note that your bank or card provider may charge additional fees (including cross-border fees) for transactions that you make on Artizio. These fees are not charged by Artizio and are at the discretion of your bank. Please contact your bank for further details.
6. Appointment of Artizio as Limited Collection Agent for Sellers
Each seller appoints Artizio as its agent for the limited purpose of receiving, holding, and settling payments to seller. Artizio will settle payments that are actually received by Artizio to each seller, less any amounts owed to Artizio and subject to these terms. Each seller agrees that a buyer payment received by Artizio, on behalf of seller, satisfies the buyer's obligations to make payment to seller, regardless of whether Artizio actually settles such payment to seller. If Artizio does not settle any such payments as described in these Terms to a seller, such seller will have recourse only against Artizio and not the buyer.
- Payment Account. All funds resulting from a completed transaction will be reflected as a balance in a seller’s payment account. Transactions are considered complete once the payment is approved by Artizio or our fraud analysis service provider. Any refunds, adjustments, or other amounts paid to buyers in connection with purchases, or for funds received since the last payment day, are also applied to the seller’s payment account balance.
Funds in a payment account balance are eligible for deposit (the “Available Funds”) into a seller’s bank account at the end of any applicable deposit delay, reserve, or hold period as determined by the seller’s bank.
- Holds and Delays. In some cases, deposits to a seller's bank accounts could be temporarily delayed by an issue at Artizio, Artizio’s third-party service providers, or a seller’s bank. Artizio is not responsible to sellers for such delays. Furthermore, Artizio is not obligated to refund any fees or reimburse any expenses due to holds or delayed deposits.
If we believe that a seller's actions may result in buyer disputes, chargebacks, or other claims, then we may, in our sole discretion, put a hold, deposit delay, reserve on the seller’s payment account balance.
A hold may be put on funds associated with a particular transaction if there is a dispute or investigation related to the order, for the shorter of: (a) 180 days after the estimated delivery date, or (b) completion of any investigation regarding the seller’s actions.
Deposit delays are defined as the number of days between a sale and the day the net amount from the sale becomes available for deposit, provided the payment has been completed. A deposit delay may be between 0 and 180 days. A deposit delay is applied across all transactions for a seller and the number of days is reflected in each seller’s payment account.
A reserve is defined as a fixed percentage of a seller’s payment account balance delayed prior to being included as part of a seller’s Available Funds for a period of up to 180 days.
If Artizio places a hold, deposit delay, or reserve on a seller’s account, we’ll do our best to communicate with the affected seller as soon as we can.
- Escheatment. If Artizio cannot settle funds into a seller’s bank account, the funds will remain in the seller’s payment account. It is the seller’s sole responsibility to update their bank account information to receive the funds. If a seller fails to update the information to claim the funds within a certain period of time, Artizio will escheat the funds to the relevant government authority in order to comply with escheatment laws.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to seek reimbursement from a seller in any of the following circumstances: (a) we provide a refund to a buyer because a seller did not promptly deliver the goods or we otherwise determine, consistent with Seller Rights and Responsibilities, that a refund is warranted in a particular circumstance, (b) we discover erroneous or duplicate transactions related to a seller, (c) we receive a chargeback from a buyer's credit card issuer or reversal of payment for the amount of a buyer's purchase from a seller, or (d) a seller does not act in accordance with Artizio’s policies.
- B. We may obtain reimbursement of any amounts owed by a seller to Artizio by deducting from future payments owed to the seller, reversing any credits to the seller’s payment account balance, charging the seller's credit card on file, charging the seller’s payment account, or seeking reimbursement from the seller by any other lawful means, including by using third-party collections services. You authorize us to use any or all of the foregoing methods to seek reimbursement.
9. Payment Processing Fees
- Overview. Artizio charges a fee (the “Artizio Fee”) for processing each transaction through Artizio’s payment system. The fee amount will be assessed on the gross order amount, including shipping and tax (if applicable). Artizio Fees will be reflected in your payment account and will be deducted from the total amount of the payment at the time the payment is considered complete. We reserve the right to modify the Artizio Fee at any time. In the event of any partial or full refunds credited back to a buyer, the Artizio Fee and other applicable fees will be recalculated based on the adjusted sale price. The difference between the original Artizio Fee and the adjusted Artizio Fee will be applied to the refund amount being credited back to the seller. Other applicable fees will be refunded to the seller's payment account.
- Interest. Artizio is not obligated to pay interest to any user.
10. Reporting Obligations
Internal Revenue Service regulations require that we file a Form 1099-K to report unadjusted annual gross sales information for sellers located in the United States or being paid in USD in certain circumstances.
To comply with these regulations, sellers who approach 150 (one hundred and fifty) transactions in a calendar year, will be required to provide taxpayer-identification information to Artizio.
Sellers may terminate this contract and their acceptance of Artizio’s payment system at any time by adjusting the Settings in their account with Artizio. Artizio may also terminate or suspend a seller’s use of Artizio’s payment system at any time.
Upon termination, any non-disputed Available Funds will be deposited into a seller’s bank account. Artizio reserves the right, upon termination of access to Artizio’s payment system, to set off against any payments to be made to the seller, an amount determined by us to be adequate to cover any anticipated chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or other amounts that might be paid to buyers in connection with purchases from the seller's payment account for a prospective 180-day period. At the end of the 180-day period following termination, we will disburse to the seller any amount not used to offset chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or such other amounts paid to buyers, or seek reimbursement from the seller via any of the means authorized in this Policy for any additional amount required to offset chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or other amounts paid to buyers, as applicable.
- Seller Fees
Sellers may be required to pay the following types of fees. Please note that all fees are listed exclusive of any value-added tax (VAT) that may apply. See the Taxes section below for further details.
When you make a sale through Artizio.com or our mobile apps, you will be charged a transaction fee of 3.5% of the price you display for each listing plus the amount you charge for shipping and gift wrapping. Transaction fees are deducted from your current balance as each sale occurs, and are reflected in your payment account. Artizio reserves the right to apply a different Transaction Fee, less than the standard 3.5%, if you comply with certain terms and promotional events.
Payment Processing Fees
Online Sales. Eligible Artizio users may use the connected payment system to accept certain payments through Artizio. Artizio uses payment gateways that charge a payment processing fee for each transaction. Payment processing fees vary based on the location of your bank account. This fee is assessed on the total amount of the sale, including tax and shipping. Payment processing fees are deducted from the sale amount in your payment account.
Advertising and Promotional Fees
Artizio offers multiple services to help you advertise your listings and promote your shop. Advertising and promotional fees vary by opportunity and will be clearly outlined before you commit to purchasing an ad. Advertising and promotional fees are deducted from your current balance and reflected in your payment account.
Artizio offers sellers in certain locations the ability to purchase shipping labels to fulfill their orders. The cost of the shipping label will depend on the shipping carrier, and the origin, destination, weight, and dimensions of the package. If you add signature confirmation or insurance, those fees will be added to the total cost of the label at the point of purchase. Sellers who purchase shipping labels may also purchase parcel insurance through licensed insurance carriers. You must accept our payment system or Stripe as payment methods to purchase shipping labels through Artizio. Shipping fees are reflected in your payment account and deducted from your current balance.
2. Fee Avoidance
Any action by a seller to avoid paying a fee is considered fee avoidance and is strictly prohibited. This includes, for example, encouraging buyers to purchase an item through another venue. A transaction initiated on Artizio may not be completed off of Artizio. The price stated in each listing description must be an accurate representation of the sale. Sellers may not alter the item's price after a sale for the purpose of avoiding Artizio transaction fees, misrepresent the item’s location, or use another user's account without permission.
3. Paying your Fees
Artizio will automatically deduct all fees owed from your payment account. Provided you have sufficient funds in your payment account no further payment action is required. If your payment account does not contain sufficient funds you are responsible for paying any fees owed in full within 15 days of the date of your monthly statement, or the account will be considered past due. If you make a sale while you have an outstanding balance the net sale amount will be applied to your outstanding balance. You may pay your outstanding balance manually by credit card, debit card, or Stripe.
Aside from the limited circumstances set out below, you are responsible for collecting and paying any taxes associated with using and making sales through Artizio or our mobile apps. Artizio will issue 1099-K forms to certain sellers to comply with IRS and state requirements.
C. Taxes We Collect and Remit from Buyers on Behalf of the Seller
United States Sales Tax
In some states, Artizio will collect the sales tax amount from the buyer and pay this to the relevant tax authority. If the sale was made through our payment system, the sales tax amount will appear in your payment account and is deducted from your current balance.
For items shipped to certain states, including but not limited to Washington state (or, for digital items, those purchased with a Washington state billing address), Artizio will use the category you assigned to each listing to calculate, collect, and remit the applicable sales tax. In those states where Artizio is required to collect on sales into the state made by nonresident sellers, Artizio will also be collecting on those sales made by resident sellers.
5. Artizio Gift Cards and Artizio Credits
If you are registered to use our payment system, you may accept payment by gift card or Artizio credit. Artizio also charges the payment processing fee described above on gift card and Artizio credit transactions.
Intellectual Property Policy
If you would like to submit a notification of alleged infringement, counter a notice of copyright infringement submitted against you, or withdraw a notification of infringement that you submitted, please contact us.
Notices of Intellectual Property Infringement
Artizio attempts to respond quickly when we receive proper notice of intellectual property infringement by removing or disabling access to the allegedly infringing material. When Artizio removes or disables access in response to a notice, Artizio makes a reasonable attempt to contact the allegedly infringing party, provide information about the notice and removal, and, in cases of alleged copyright infringement, provide information about counter notification. Artizio may also provide a copy of the notice to the allegedly infringing party.
If Artizio receives a DMCA counter notification, the removed material may be replaced or access to it may be restored 10 business days after receipt of the counter notice, unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the allegedly infringing party and informs Artizio of this action. Artizio sends a copy of the counter notice to the original complaining party.
Artizio may terminate account privileges of members that are subject to repeat notices of intellectual property infringement in appropriate circumstances and at Artizio’s discretion.